Need a Website? Don’t know quite where to start? I recommend WordPress…..
Welcome to EZ WordPress 4 U, a website with the beginning WordPress user in mind. Last year I switched to WordPress from old html type website builders because I wanted a content management system that had infinite potential, was open source (free) and that had an intriguing burgeoning community. I fell in love with WordPress but spent lots of hours watching YouTube videos, searching Documentation at WordPress.org, and emailing my favorite theme developers to figure out HOW to do it.
I wanted short simple steps, in a logical order. I am creating a series of blogs to do just that for you. I help people set up their simple WordPress websites and teach them how to Do It Themselves. This is for my clients and all you adventurous beginners out there, Bless you and may this help!
Feel free to email with questions to email@example.com
Make a WordPress Website in 10 EZ Steps
1. Choose an available Domain Name
2. Sign up with a website Hosting Account
3. Load WordPress from host Cpanel
4. Login to your WP account – the dashboard
5. Set some General Settings
6. Pick a Theme to start with – easily changed
7. Create main Pages for your website – publish each
........a) Home or Welcome – most important info you want visitors to know plus an action for them to take. You may want contact info on your home page also.
........b) Blog – a page for where Posts with ongoing commentary, updated new ideas go
................Once you create a blog page in a multi-page website you tell WP where to put the posts as you do them
........c) About your business or yourself – maybe some history
........d) Contact – your telephone number, email, and later a contact form.
8. Create a Post – publish
9. Add images banners, background, videos
10. Add plugins useful to expand capability
EZ Checklist for making a WordPress website
Check out the EZ Checklist for WordPress websites. Great place to get started!
We can make CREATING YOUR WEBSITE FUN!
LINKS YOU REALLY WILL WANT TO USE!
- WordPress.org - everything WordPress, open source, searchable for answers to toughest problems! Set up an account.
- GreenGeeks - the best website hosting company I have found - and they have real people answer the phone! I'm an affiliate so if you click through me...
- W3Schools Online Tutorial - when you absolutely have to know an html code (CSS, PHP, etc.). They explain Well.
- Pixlr.com - Online photo editor very similar to Photoshop, Great for sizing photos to upload!
- Adobe Kuler - Coolest color wheel ever! has RGB and Hex codes for each color, color schemes
- Canva.com - A graphic design site that has templates, free and cheap stock photos, useful.